The Golden Link College adopts an educational approach that
• Motivates students to study by awakening their interest in the subject matter instead of using rewards and punishments or threats;
• Gives importance to the development of life skills, such as self-awareness, effective relationships, conflict resolution, public speaking, etc., side by side with academic competencies;
• Creates an atmosphere of care, fun and challenge that enables students to dare to try new things without the fear of being humiliated or punished;
• Does not use rankings, honors or medals to compare a student with another;
• Involves the parents and family in the education of the children, by holding parenting seminars and family day programs;
• Enables students to be aware of the larger picture such as the environment, meaning of life, comparative religion, world peace and similar themes.
Cong. Leni Robredo Speaks at
Golden Link College held its 2014 Graduation Exercises with Hon. Leni Robredo as the guest speaker last April 4, 2014. There were fourteen graduating students in college that include two magna cum laudes and one cum laude. The high school department held its graduation exercises last March 30, 2014 with 28 graduates, while the elementary department had 26 graduates. The preschool department had its Moving Up Ceremonies with sixteen Kinder 2 students who were ready for elementary grades.
Golden Link Opens Bohol Campus
Golden Link College Bohol Campus opened last Sunday, April 7, 2013, with the Parents' Orientation of the Free Summer Class. It was attended by highest officials of Cortes, Bohol, where the school is located, particularly Mayor Danilo Montero, Vice-Mayor Iven P. Lim, and Barangay Chairman, Policarpo Pabotoy, including many of the Barangay Councilors Antolin Coyoca, Jesus Jumamil, Domingo Bautista and Roquilito Malanog.
More than 120 students enrolled from ages 3-8 (Nursery to Grade 3). This was more than what was originally expected. There are two teachers, Atessa Sabio, who trained in Golden Link main campus for one year, and Anna Mae Bellosa.
GLC Sponsors 50 Scholars in Public Schools
The Golden Link College has sponsored 50 scholars who are studying in various public schools in the community. The program is handled by a group of volunteer college students of Golden Link who have also volunteered to tutor the scholars every Sunday.